A garage door springs bear the door’s weight when opening or closing it. So, without functioning springs, a garage door is like a ticking time bomb that can fall upon you or your car at any moment. Not only that, when a garage door spring breaks, you might get stuck inside your garage, and you also cannot manually open the garage door by hand as it’s too heavy. Hence, if you want to avoid injuries or any other casualties to happen with you, then call AAA Garage Door – A professional garage door spring repair company in Auburn, WA.
We offer same-day service for commercial and residential garage door spring repairs and replacement, including torsion and extension spring types. We also offer 3 types of quality springs, i.e., standard, high-cycle, and highest-cycle. Need garage door spring repair/replacement in Auburn, Washington? – Call us now!
Fix Your Garage Door Springs For Seamless Performance
Even though garage door springs last a long time, i.e., 12 to 15 years or average of 10,000 to 20,000 opening & closing cycles, they still get worn out, rust, or damaged due to poor maintenance or harsh weather conditions. Here are some signs that scream that you have a broken spring in your garage door–
- Garage door cables are loose or slack.
- Your garage door doesn’t open or just opens 6 inches (maximum).
- There is a gap between your torsion spring.
- The garage door is crooked.
- Loud bang/noise coming from your garage.
- Your garage door falls faster than usual.
- The garage door is not lifting even though you pull an emergency release rope.
Including all the issues mentioned above and other issues, we, AAA Garage Door, fix broken garage door springs repair in Auburn quickly and safely. Contact us today and talk with our experts to discuss problems related to your garage door springs and get a quote!
Different Types Of Garage Door Springs We Fix
A durable spring ensures that your garage door’s weight is balanced. We carry both extension and torsion springs in our inventory. Your garage door will perform better and last longer with their help.
1. Torsion Spring
It is the most common garage door spring, which lasts for 8 to 15 years, i.e., 10,000 to 15,000 garage door opening and closing cycles. These springs get used especially in double garage door houses, warehouses, loading docks, etc for commercial and residential use.
A torsion spring is usually attached to a shaft made of metal above the garage door opening. In general, a garage door might require 1 to 4 torsion springs depending on its size, weight, and strength. Moreover, the torsion spring works by equally distributing the force over the shaft before this force gets passed onto the drums. Due to this, the garage door cables spin equally, and hence, the garage door opens.
There are different types of torsion springs available at AAA Garage Door–
- Standard Torsion Spring – These torsion springs are for residential garage doors. So, you will need one standard torsion spring if you have a light garage door. But for heavy garage doors, it’s better to use 2.
- Early Set Torsion Spring – These springs get placed in the middle of a torsion shaft, and different hardware is on each end of the shaft.
- Steel Rolling Door Torsion Spring – These torsion springs are for commercial buildings as they get set within the torsion barrel, which aids in rolling the garage door.
- TorqueMaster Torsion Spring – This type of torsion spring are safest among all the other springs. They get enclosed within the torsion shaft and stay in place with the help of a winding cone on the torsion rod.
Want to replace your existing garage door springs with any of these torsion springs in Auburn, Washington? – Call AAA Garage Door today!
2. Extension Spring
These springs are in the upper and horizontal tracks on each side of the garage door. It lasts 7 to 12 years, i.e., 10,000 cycles, and gets used in low headroom, i.e., where torsion springs cannot fit. Usually, a garage door has 2 extension springs placed on either side of the door parallel to the horizontal track. That’s why each spring takes tension independently when the garage door opens/closes.
At AAA Garage Door, we facilitate you with 3 types of extension springs–
- Open-Looped Ends – It is the easiest spring to replace; however, if it breaks, you will need to replace an entire spring.
- Double-Looped Ends – This extension spring has 2 coils at the end, allowing it to attach easily with the pulley and eyebolt of the garage door.
- Clipped Ends – These are the most standard and durable extension springs, which can lift 200-pound or above garage doors.
Having color-coded extension springs makes replacing your garage door easier and more convenient. When the extension springs break, safety cables prevent them from becoming projectiles.
Looking to repair or replace extension springs on your garage door in Auburn, WA? – Contact AAA Garage Door right now!
Replace & Install A New Garage Door Spring
AAA Garage Door provides garage door spring replacement and installation in Auburn, WA, of torsion and extension garage door springs of 3 types–
- Standard Cycle Springs (lasts upto 10,000 opening/closing cycles)
- High Cycle Springs (lasts upto 25,000 opening/closing cycles)
- Highest Cycle Springs (lasts upto 50,000 opening/closing cycles)
Garage Door Springs Replacement
A garage door has 2 springs. So our expert technicians evaluate your garage door first, and if they figure out one of the garage door springs has broken, our technicians will recommend you replace both springs. Especially, If you have extension springs at your garage door, then we replace and install new door springs in pairs to ensure that you have a balanced garage door.
Post Installation Test and Safety Inspection
After replacement, our technicians check the springs by running a balance test. This way, they install the correct size springs at your garage door. Not only that, but we also provide safety inspections like–
- Lubricating the hardware and moving parts (such as hinge brackets, roller holders, springs, etc.)
- Replacing safety cables while replacing and installing new springs
- Retention the springs
- Ensure that the springs and other components are working properly
Trust AAA Garage Door to provide swift garage door spring repair service in Auburn, Washington. Call us if you want same-day new garage door spring replacement and installation service!
How To Choose The Right Garage Door Spring For Your Home?
Different garage doors have different–
- Sizes, &
So, all of the garage doors DO NOT use the same springs. That’s why we always recommend choosing the right garage door spring.
Here’s how our experts at AAA Garage Door choose the right garage door spring for your home–
- Measure the length of the springs
- Check the wire size
- Measure the inside diameter
- Determine the size of the spring wind and the wind direction
- Inspect the type of ends
If you have 2 springs on your residential/commercial garage door, we measure both springs. We measure each spring if you have a liner system on your commercial garage door. However, if you have a duplex or triplex system, we ensure that we measure the diameter and wire size of the inner and outer springs.
Cost Of Garage Door Spring Repair In Auburn, WA
The cost of garage door spring repair in Auburn, WA, ranges roughly from $460 to $1,300 depending on–
- Labor ($75 to $150 per hour)
- Material ($30 to $1,600 – depending on the quality and type of spring)
- Number and type of garage doors
Here’s the cost of garage door spring repair as per the type of springs in Auburn, WA–
|Type of Springs on Garage Door||
Total Repair Cost for a single repair work
$350 to $700
$460 to $1,600
Note: The prices mentioned above are just a rough estimation. If you want to know the exact costs, ask for a quote at AAA Garage Door.
Why Choose AAA Garage Door For Garage Door Spring Repair In Auburn, WA
Here’s why AAA Garage Door stands out successfully in the crowd of garage door repair companies in Auburn, WA.
- Reliable and Efficient Garage Door Spring Repair – Our highly trained technicians follow strict safety guidelines and utilize advanced tools to fix your broken garage door spring in Auburn promptly and efficiently.
- 24-Hour Spring Repair Service & Same Day Service – We provide any garage door repair and installation service, including garage door spring repair service, 24/7 in any case of emergencies. We also offer same-day service, maintaining the highest standards with the help of our capable team of technicians.
- Affordable & Transparent Pricing Policy – At AAA Garage Door, we believe in delivering top-notch service at competitive prices. Our transparent pricing policy ensures you always know what to expect from your garage door spring repair cost.
- Repair Quality Guarantee – We stand behind the quality of our garage door spring repair services. That’s why we offer a satisfaction guarantee, ensuring your garage door is always in perfect working order. On top of that, we also provide a manufacturer’s warranty of approximately 1 year on all spring types.
Contact Garage Door Spring Repair Experts in Auburn, WA
AAA Garage Door provides reliable, efficient, and affordable garage door spring repair all under one roof! So fix your faulty garage door spring in Auburn, WA, today and let our experts handle it seamlessly! We are ready to take your call – (206) 309-8798.
Areas We Serve In Auburn, WA
- Auburn University
- Cedar Brook
- Willow Creek Farms
- Windsor Forest
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
A broken garage door spring can get fixed in a few steps. For extension spring–
- Open the garage door.
- Secure the door with clamps.
- Disconnect the springs from the brackets, pulley, and cable.
- Install the new spring and attach it to the pulley and cable.
For torsion spring–
- Close the garage door.
- Use the winding bar to twist the winding cone at the end of the spring.
- Slowly turn the bar while pressing the spring against the door and release it.
- Install a new spring the same way.
Torsion springs contain a lot of tension and can be dangerous to work with. We recommend getting help from professional technicians from AAA Garage Door.
A broken, worn-out, or malfunctioning garage door spring needs replacement. A garage door can seemingly be good but create problems in closing and opening the door. It could also mean that your garage door spring needs changing. We can do that for you promptly and affordably. Contact AAA Garage Door, Auburn, today for an efficient spring replacement task.
No. A garage door weighs 130 to 400 pounds, so handling it requires a specific set of knowledge, tools, experience, and technique. And, since springs are usually on the side (i.e., above upper tracks) or above the garage door, you need to lift the garage door while replacing the springs. That’s why you should never replace garage door springs on your own, as without functional springs, a garage door can suddenly land on you. Hence, put your safety first and leave the garage door spring replacement task to one of the technicians at AAA Garage Door!
A garage door spring replacement typically costs around $150 to $350 per replacement in Auburn, WA. The average cost lands somewhere around $250. However, this range can get impacted by several factors, like the damage level and the repair scope. In any case, AAA Garage Door delivers exceptional service at reasonable rates. Call us today at (206) 309-8798 for an estimate.
The cost of garage door spring repair in Auburn, WA, is $460 to $1,300, depending on–
- Labor ($75 to $150 per hour)
- Type of spring and its quality (Extension spring: $350 to $700 and Torsion spring: $460 to $1,600)
- Number and type of garage doors (New springs for a double garage door is $200 to $400)
Here are the type of repairs that you can get with garage door spring repair service in AAA Garage Door–
- Broken spring replacement
- Spring adjustment for better balance
- Lubrication and maintenance of springs
- Cable replacement associated with springs
- Inspections and recommendations for future maintenance
All kinds of garage door springs are available at AAA Garage Door. We have an in-depth variety of extension and torsion springs that provide the necessary balance to support the weight of a garage door. On top of that, we provide quick, convenient, and affordable replacement and installation of garage door springs, just one call away!