Although very small, a spring is a crucial part of a garage door. It bears the weight of the whole door, allowing it to open and close smoothly. On the other hand, a broken spring can make it impossible for the door to function properly. Since a broken spring is not able to bear the door’s weight, the door can fall at any moment. That puts your house, car, and family members at tremendous risk. To avoid such failures and injuries, get on top of your garage door spring problems.
At AAA Garage Door, we provide 360-degree solutions for your garage door spring – including torsion springs, extension springs, and more. You can count on us for broken garage door spring repairs in Federal Way, WA!
Get The Best Garage Door Spring Repair Services In Federal Way, WA
Although a typical garage door spring’s estimated life is 12 to 15 years, it can face issues due to poor maintenance, overuse, and weather conditions. Here are some issues that your garage door spring can fix and how we fix them.
- Squeaky Spring – Is your garage door spring really noisy? Is your garage door spring annoying when you open or close the door? If you answered YES to these questions, you have a squeaky spring. Squeaky springs result from poor maintenance, inadequate lubrication, and bad-quality springs. AAA Garage Door’s assessment and repair team can diagnose the real reason behind the squeaky springs and fix it right away.
- Broken Spring – Garage doors commonly suffer from broken springs. Your garage door will not stay open if it has a broken spring. If you open the door anyways, it can fall on you or your car. A broken spring could also mean that your garage door only opens a few inches and stops. At AAA Garage Door, we can replace that spring with a new one. We provide manufacturer’s and service warranty on our spring replacement.
- Tension Issues – If your garage door is functioning really slow, it may be because of a tension issue with your issues. A spring can wear out after years of use and require re-tensioning. AAA Garage Door has a reliable team of technicians. If you notice any problems with your spring, you can call us. Our experienced technician will visit your garage, re-tension your spring, and leave you with a fully-functional garage door.
- Snapped Cable – Safety cables on each side of your garage door run through extension springs. These cables control the extension springs, helping your garage door to open and close. If you are facing issues with your safety cables, such as a snapped cable, it may be because of an issue with the extension spring. To get your garage door back in working order, contact AAA Garage Door. We can perform prompt and reliable repairs so you can get back to your convenient routine.
If you face these or any other issues with your garage door spring, don’t wait on it! Contact us immediately and keep your garage and your family safe.
You Name It; We Fix It – All Kinds Of Garage Door Springs
It doesn’t matter what kind of garage door spring you have. We can fix it!
Torsion springs are the most popular garage door springs. They typically last for 10 to 15 years. Depending on the size and weight of your garage door, it can have 1 to 4 torsion springs. Most newer residential garage doors have 2.
At AAA Garage Door, we provide the following types of torsion springs.
- Standard torsion spring
- Early torsion spring
- Roll-up door torsion spring
- TorqueMaster torsion spring
If you are looking to replace or re-tension your garage door’s torsion spring, contact AAA Garage Door.
Extension springs are the second most commonly used spring in garage doors. They typically last for 12 years. Most garage doors have 2 extension springs on either side of the door. Extension springs counterbalance the door’s weight, making it easier to open and close. These springs run with safety cables. Therefore, when they break, they are not likely to injure you.
At AAA Garage Door, we have the following types of extension springs in store for you–
- Open-looped ends
- Double-looped ends
- Clipped ends
Noticing problems with your garage door’s extension spring? Reach out to AAA Garage Door and get your garage door back in ideal condition.
Choose The Right Garage Door Spring For Your Home
It is important to choose the right spring for a smooth-running garage door. A right spring not only improves the functionality of your garage door but also expands its lifespan.
Whether you use a torsion spring or extension, the spring’s weight must match the door’s weight. This match will help your garage door to stay balanced, maximizing the life of your door spring.
Which type of spring you need is easy to determine.
- A torsion spring is needed if your garage door spring is higher than the opening.
- When your garage door springs are on either side of the opening, you’ll need an extension spring.
Garage door springs are not one-size-fits-all. They vary in size for different doors. Therefore, you must measure the spring before replacing it for your door. The spring you can use for your door depends on various factors, including–
- Weight of the garage door
- Wire size
- Inside diameter
- Wind direction
- Overall spring length
To measure the spring, follow the steps below–
- Count up to 20 coils.
- Measure the distance from the spring’s beginning to the 20th coil using a measuring tape.
- Divide the measured length by 20 to get the spring’s diameter.
- Check the winding cone or stationary cone to find the inside diameter of the spring. This measurement will show as a letter followed by the number, like “p-200.” It can also be a traditionally written measurement, like “1 ½.”
- Remove the spring from the garage door system and measure its whole length.
- Identify the spring’s clockwise or counterclockwise coils. A clockwise spring suggests right-hand wind and a counterclockwise spring suggests left-hand wind.
The next step is to measure the weight of the door. To do that–
- Lower the garage door to the ground
- Slide a scale underneath the door
- Take multiple readings to identify the weight
Here is how you can determine which spring to go for on the basis of factors like the weight and size of the door. This whole process, especially the measurement of springs, can be very dangerous if you are not a professional.
We at AAA Garage Door can help you with the whole procedure and provide you with a spring that goes perfectly with your garage door. Get in touch with us if you have any problems with your garage door springs. We also provide repair services for garage doors.
Integrate Garage Door Springs With Professional Installation & Replacement
AAA Garage Door is here for your spring replacement and installation needs!
- Installation – Our spring installation service is reliable, prompt, and guaranteed. Not only do we provide genuine springs that can last you for over 15 years, but we also guarantee our service. You can contact us in case of any issues, and we’ll be at your doorstep.
- Replacement – Tired of squeaky, poor-quality springs? We can help you replace them. Our replacement service carefully assesses the situation of your current spring. It provides you with a solution that improves the life of your garage door system. Connect with us today and get on top of your old spring repairs.
Be smart and opt for a professional and reliable garage door spring repair at Federal Way with AAA Garage Door!
Cost Of Garage Door Spring Repair Services
Here is a typical overview of the cost of garage door spring repair services in Federal Way, WA.
Material + Replacement Cost for a single repair service
$150 to $200
$200 to $350
Some factors that affect this cost are–
- Type of spring (torsion springs are more expensive)
- Spring quality
- Type of the garage door
- Additional repairs
- Your location
Choose AAA Garage Door for broken garage door spring repair in Federal Way, and stop worrying about costs! We provide repairs, replacements, and installations at reasonable prices.
Why Choose AAA Garage Door Repair Services?
AAA Garage Door has been serving the homeowners of Federal Way, Washington, for decades. Some of the reasons why we believe we are making a difference in the garage door repair industry are–
✓ Competitive Pricing
Pricing is a key factor in garage door repairs. That is why we provide affordable pricing for our customers. You can solve all your garage door problems with AAA Garage Door without breaking the bank.
✓ Guaranteed Customer Satisfaction
Customers are our number one priority. We are not happy until our customers are! That is why we work with sincere commitment for homeowners in Federal WAY. We ensure you have warranties on parts and repair services, so you can contact us anytime you face an issue.
✓ Experience Professionals
At AAA Garage Door, our repair technicians possess over 25 years of experience in the garage door industry. Our team is highly reliable with unflagging professionalism. AAA Garage Door’s technicians have proper training, licensing, and certifications for all repairs, replacements, and installations. That enables us to handle whatever problem you may face with your garage door.
✓ 24/7 Availability
We are available 24/7. You can contact us anytime, any day. Our emergency service allows you to get prompt repairs with quick turnaround times, even during the holidays. With 24/7 garage door repair service, you can prioritize your family’s safety while we prioritize your satisfaction.
Contact Garage Door Spring Repair Experts in Federal Way, WA
A poorly maintained, damaged, or broken garage door spring can cause further problems for your garage door. Additionally, it can jeopardize the safety of your house and family. What you need is a quick repair of your garage door to secure your haven. We can help you with that.
AAA Garage Door provides affordable, reliable, and convenient service for residential, commercial, and industrial garage doors. Looking for a garage door spring repair in Federal Way, Washington? Contact AAA Garage Door today at (206) 309-8798 and get a free quote on your garage door spring repair!
Areas We Provide Services In Federal Way, WA:
- Campus Highlands
- Kitts Corner
- Marine Hills
- Mirror Lake
- Steel Lake Neighborhood
- Twin Lake
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
You can replace your damaged garage door spring with a new one. Here’s how to do that for an extension spring–
- Open the garage door
- Use clamps to secure the door with tracks
- Disconnect the spring from the brackets, pulley, and safety cable
- Attach the new spring the same way
For a torsion spring–
- Close the garage door
- Use the winding bar to twist the winding cone at the end of the spring
- Turn the bar slowly while pressing it against the door and release it
- The torsion spring will come out
- Install the new spring the some way
It’s important to note here that torsion springs have a lot of tension. If you don’t have the proper experience, you can injure yourself while fixing the spring yourself. For any assistance, you can call AAA Garage Door.
No. It is definitely not safe to fix the garage door spring by yourself. Garage door springs possess a lot of tension, especially torsion springs. As a result, these springs can break or spring out suddenly during removal. Anyone who is repairing or standing nearby can get seriously injured. In the case of extension springs, not properly securing the door can result in the door falling. As a result, you can face a serious injury or loss. Contact a premium and reliable garage door repair company, such as AAA Garage Door, to avoid these failures and losses.
Here are a few steps to adjust the tension on a garage door spring–
- Locate the spring’s adjustment collar.
- Slide a winding bar into the collar.
- Adjust the tension of the bar as necessary.
Remember that tensioning a garage door spring can be dangerous without experience. If you need assistance, Contact AAA Garage Door.
You should replace your garage door spring every 7 to 10 years. An average spring can last 10,000 cycles, which roughly equals 12 years. However, due to poor maintenance, springs wear out earlier than that. To stay on top of your springs, schedule a garage door inspection at least once every 2 to 3 years. Additionally, proper lubrication and tune-ups can expand the life of a spring. You can also use weather sealing to protect the springs from changing temperatures.
The garage door spring repair cost in Federal Way, WA, depends on the problem with the spring. Typically, a technician can repair your garage door spring for $150 to $350 for a single door spring repair. On average, customers pay around $250 for a spring repair. The cost can change based on several factors, including labor, material quality, and location.
The cost of a garage door spring replacement in Federal Way, WA, depends on the type of spring and its quality. Typically, torsion spring replacement costs around $200 to $350 per project. On the other hand, extension spring replacement typically costs $150 to $200 per project. To know the exact cost of a garage door spring repair, contact AAA Garage Door and get a free quote.